I have been reading a lot of bloggers "de-lurking" recently and figured I should do the same. I need to get over the classic English feelings of embarrassment I sometimes feel from talking about myself...Does anyone else really care, I sometimes wonder, but then I just give in to it. That's a blogger's life, after all!
Ok, so some facts...
- I am 23 years old.
- I am the youngest of six siblings with two brothers (John & Dan) and three sisters (Sarah, Lorraine and Jessica).
- I am an Auntie to Tom, Jo, Luke, Daisy, Maggie, Lily, Isabella, Amelia and Archie. They are all such gorgeous people.
- I'm obsessed with the 1930s-1950s. Clothes, furniture, architecture. You name it, I obsess it.
- My first crush was Colin Firth in Pride and Prejudice.
- I live in a town called Maidstone in the south-east of England with my gorgeous husband, Gregory, who is a trained cabinet maker and antique restorer. He's scrumptious.
- When I was younger I would develop an annual obsession with a film. I saw Titanic 11 times at the cinema and swore one day, Leo would be mine.
- There are so many things I want to achieve in my life that I don't know where to start. I want to have a wonderful, loving family with three children, I want to make my husband a very happy man, I want to keep my faith strong, I want to make my own clothes, I want to knit, I want to write a novel, I want to be an accomplished photographer...the list is endless. Sometimes I think that because I want to do so much, I'll never achieve anything. Does anyone else suffer from equally depressive thoughts???
- At the age of five I won a colouring competition at my school fete. The next day I was called up to the front of assembly where I was awarded a green and white pencil sharpener in the shape of a crocodile. When my sister collected me from school that afternoon, I put the pencil sharpener in the basket underneath my nephew's pram and we walked down to the supermarket. After realising that it wasn't there, we retraced our steps for half a mile. I cried for days and not even my lovely sister buying me a McDonalds could stop the tears. I think about that pencil sharpener every now and again and I feel the same pain in my heart. Sad I know, but I can't help it.
Please share some of yours with me. I want to get to know all you bloggers out there!
Greggers and I at a friend's gorgeous wedding...April 2006.