Wow, five months since my last post. I have been having all kinds of problems with my credit card, which has had a knock-on effect with my billing, and the end result being that I have been unable to blog. Finally, having got in contact with the contact centre in India, they have resolved their silly misunderstanding and so I'm back baby!!
An eventful last 5 months. A brief update:-
- Went back to New York in May. Brilliant trip, the highlight being getting dressed up in our glad-rags and enjoying an evening of Woody Allen and his jazz band in the bar at the Carlyle Hotel. My sis managed to pull some strings and get us a table at the last minute - Woody's table to be precise! It was such a great evening and worth every penny of the entrance fee and fancy cocktails, although he reminded me of my Dad somewhat...sorry Woody. The Killers were at the next table, and G proceeded to approach them afterwards to tell them his views on their inferior second album. Or so he told me. As for the rest of the trip, it was brilliant catching up with family and seeing the city again. Desperately want to go back.
- Photography is going well. Done a couple of weddings which have gone well, but I really need to concentrate on doing more personal projects. I'm off to London for a day next week - catching up on some photography exhibitions and having some much-needed "me" time. I love sitting opposite the London Eye by the river and people-watching.
- On a further photography/exhibition note, went to see the Face of Fashion exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery in the Spring - what a fantastic show. There was an amazing picture by Steven Klein of Brangelina (sorry!) from a series he did for W magazine. I spent about 20 mins just staring at this photo which had been blown up huge. In fact, here you go:
(the first one is the image I'm talking about, albeit on a much smaller scale, but the others are from the same series..)
I love all these pictures. The composition, the lighting, the decor, the whole mood.
- Had my nephew's wedding last week which went brilliantly. I also treated myself to the Orla Kiely dress I was going on about in my last post five months ago...and the bag in the picture... A rather pricey day out for me, but I absolutely love both of them and know I always will, so what the heck. I've also treated myself to the wallpaper I was also going on about...
- We saw an amazing German film while we were in NY - The Lives of Others. If you haven't seen it, please go out and rent/buy/borrow this movie. I don't want to tell you too much about the plot, as I went into the film not knowing anything about it and I think that heightened the experience. I would LOVE to know what you think of it.
- Last of all, since my last blog, G and I started watching Six Feet Under on Channel 4 re-runs. I can't believe I missed this amazing show when it first aired. It has swiftly become our favourite programme ever, and we finished it last week. Oh my goodness, the ending. It cannot be put into words. I have to force myself not to watch it constantly on Youtube as I don't want it to become too familiar. Much better having it replay over and over again in my mind. I love the song by Sia which accompanies it. Surely the best ending and final scene in a show ever??? Anyone with me??
It's a great feeling to be back online. Jen, thanks so much for your lovely comment. Apologies for not getting back to you - this one's for you!